Monday, January 23, 2012

Granola Pancakes

It's been a weekend of great food.

Since I'm up too early this morning with my two year old, I'll start with breakfast.

On Friday night I was discussing ideas for Saturday breakfast with J. He mentioned granola pancakes that he recently had at a restaurant. Hmmm, as much as I love granola, I wasn't sure about granola pancakes. But it was a unique idea, so I decided to give it a try.

Holy Pancakes, Batman. They turned out fantastic! But they needed something besides plain old maple syrup.

How about Yogurt Maple Syrup?
I added a little pure maple syrup to plain yogurt and drizzled it over the pancakes. Topped with a few extra blueberries, and it was a Saturday morning breakfast dream!

I made these 100% whole wheat, but feel free to adjust the white flour/wheat flour ratio to your preference.
Granola Pancakes with Yogurt Maple Syrup

Adapted from Pancake Lovers

1 1/3 cup prepared granola
1 1/2 cups white wheat flour
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 TB honey
2 cups plain yogurt
2 eggs
1/4 cup cooking oil (vegetable or canola)

Fresh blueberries

Whisk together the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, stir together the wet ingredients. Combine the wet and dry and stir just until combined.

Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a preheated griddle. Top each pancake with a handful of blueberries. Cook until bubbles start to pop on the pancake surface. Flip and cook about one more minute.

Keep pancakes in a warm oven (about 200 degrees) until you're ready to serve them. Top pancakes with yogurt syrup and more fresh blueberries.

Yield: About 12 pancakes

Click to print

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...