Sunday, January 15, 2012

Baked Oatmeal

Kitty (my two year old) starts every morning with "Mom, I'm super super super hungry!" Then she averages five 'breakfasts' before 11 am. So while she was plowing through her banana, egg and toast this morning, I threw together some baked oatmeal from Crumbs and Chaos. It was quick and delicious, even without any topping.
However, the original recipe calls for a cinnamon roll type frosting. I didn't have any cream cheese, but that didn't stop me from kicking it up a notch anyway. So I opted for the chocolate drizzle.
Why stop there? I added a little caramel sauce drizzle too.
But, if you'd prefer a healthier topping, try adding a little yogurt maple syrup.

However you eat it, healthy or otherwise, it's a delicious winter breakfast if you're super super super hungry.

Baked Oatmeal

From Crumbs and Chaos

1 cup regular oats
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
3 TB pure maple syrup
1/8 tsp salt

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.

Divide the mixture into 3 small ramekins.

Set the ramekins on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, until center is set.

Serve warm as is, or drizzle with melted chocolate or caramel sauce!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...